Above All

In John 3:31, John is telling us that Jesus is above all. We just do what's natural for us as humans. It's not natural for us to speak or do the things of Heaven. For Jesus, it's His nature. Heaven is where He came from.
Remember, though, as Christians, we have the Holy Spirit. Because He indwells us, we can, through Him, do heavenly things. Phil 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Likewise, if I don't have the Holy Spirit, there's no way I do the things of Heaven. "But without faith, it is impossible to please Him..." Not only can I not please God, it won't even occur to me that He's displeased because I am focused on what I want and His desires aren't my desires. Read James chapter 1.

"Above All". That has to be His position in our lives. He's above all of His creation, but He won't force Himself to be first in your life. That is a choice He gave us. He'll be over all at the judgment, but then it's too late.
Choose, now, to let Him be above all in your life. It's all upside. Jer 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, said the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Posted in |

0 comments: