walking my shoes off

Christianity is described as a walk. (Rom 6:4, 2 Cor 5:7, and many others) Lately it seems like my shoes are wearing out from the effort of maintaining my walk with Christ. 2 things come to mind with respect to this.
1. While the children of Israel were wandering in the desert, their sandals never wore out. (Neh 9:21 Yea, forty years didst thou sustain them in the wilderness, so that they lacked nothing; their clothes waxed not old, and their feet swelled not.) God sustained them. God will sustain us as well. Remember John 10:29 "My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." We are in His hand. He will hold us up.

2. Maybe my shoes are worn because I don't spend enough time on my knees.

Posted in |

1 comments:

  1. Kelli Says:

    Wow Mark. I like that. It's so true of a lot of us I think. We don't spend enough time on our knees.