Follow through

God's been running a theme through my life for several weeks. It's about following through. That means a lot of things, some of which I am good at, others not so much.
In 2 Chronicles 26, Uzziah becomes king of Judah. He does really well at first, but then in verse 16 he decides he's strong enough and good enough to go burn incense in the temple. So Azariah goes in with 80 priests to stop him and tell him that it's not his job. Uzziah gets angry and ends up leprous.
Uzziah starts out well, but doesn't follow through.
How easy it is to let our pride get in the way of ministry, friendship, work, whatever. I'm going along fine, and then I think I have a better way or I don't even bother to ask God what wants me to do because I think I know what needs to be done.
For me, the follow through here is on both ends. First, and most obvious, when God tells you to do something, do it. Or in Uzziah's case, what not to do. Pretty simple. The second is where I think I fail most often. When I gave my life to Christ, I said, "whatever you want me to do, I'll do." But then, I don't even ask. How can I follow through with what God wants me to do if I never ask what it is?

God, forgive me for not being a faithful listener. I know you want to direct my steps and I know you only have good for me. Help me to stop long enough each day to hear your direction and your will for me. Give me the strength to go where you lead me.

Posted in |

1 comments:

  1. Krodor Says:

    looking forward to more....thanks mark.