Monday Men's Meme Feb 9, 2010

Yeah, I know...it's already next week.

Here's the question that was posed:

Would you ever vote for a woman president?
Of course you all know where I'm going with this. Sarah Palin has been in the news of late, and last go around, Hillary Clinton was in almost till the end. I'm interested in hearing your take. Do you think it's OK? Do you think a women in authority is unBiblical? Or, are you just a male chauvinist and would never vote for a female president?

Answer:
I would vote for a woman president. I don't think there's anything wrong or unbiblical about a woman being president. In 1 Tim.2:12 Paul talks about women usurping authority over men. That is with regard to public Bible teaching. I read comments from Robertson, Wesley and Henry and they seem to be in agreement.

If the right person came along, I would vote for her. I am not a party voter or anything like that. I try to vote for the person who holds similar values to my own. That's really hard to find and I think we are often disappointed by politicians. Even if they mean what they say when they say it, the things that a person wants to do in government often doesn't have the ability to finish. There are too many favors, too many behind the scenes dealings. We have also, as a nation, begun voting against a candidate. The whole thing is really disturbing.

I pray that the Lord will raise up a candidate that is committed and realistic about the things this country needs. Man, woman, whatever. We need a Godly leader who is not afraid to stand up for what is right and for what made this nation great in the first place.




Thanks for visiting.
Let me know what you think.

Posted in |
blog comments powered by Disqus