Random thought

Bear with me a bit. I really don't know where this is going just yet.
Have you ever been with a group of friends having a really good time, playing cards for instance, and the next time you are together you try to recreate the moment? You know, you're thinking, that was such a good time, I want to have it again. Have you ever noticed how flat the result is? It's never the same.
(Kinda the opposite of your bad memories...you never want that to happen again. If you are like me, you remember those things vividly and live your life trying to avoid anything that could lead to that event. Talk about bondage.)
Is it because we don't know what the next day could bring and we want to stay in the good times? For me, it's probably related to control. I don't need to control a situation myself, as in being in charge, but I need to know that things are on track.
We need to remember that God has a plan. It's been running since time began...

Isa 51:13 And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth...

and He knew the outcome before time began...

Rom 8:28-31 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Most importantly, there's nothing in God's plan that's bad for you.

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Maybe where this was going is this...
Face every day and ask God what He wants you to do that day. Serve God and glory in His presence today. He's here with you now. He's not in an event or trapped in a moment of your past, good or bad. He's in your life and He wants to do something great through you. Ask Him what that is.
Jer 33:2 Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name;
Jer 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

If you don't know whether God is with you, pray this:
God, I know I am a sinner. I am sorry for my sins (mean it). I believe you died on a cross and were raised 3 days later to save me from my sins and an eternity in Hell. Jesus, come into my life. Make me new. Be my savior. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Posted in |

1 comments:

  1. Kelli Says:

    That was great Mark. I really liked it. I hope you continue to write more everyday...(or when you get time) :0)