Now what?

Last night, despite Satan's attempt to thwart it, I was able to close the book on some significant misery. I've been very upset with some people for the past few months. That's over now. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for giving me the courage and strength to do what's right...right in God's eyes, if not mine. Thank you, Kelli, for putting up with my pacing around the house, for being an ear for my babbling, for always supporting me.

I am not going to say that my flesh was satisfied. But, I was obedient and great peace resulted.

Now what? For my wife. She has not had the same opportunity to get things off her chest that I have had. I am not even sure how to make that happen. She was collateral damage from the battle. Her heart has been wounded as a result of the problems between me and other people. We've discussed confrontation, but both know that goes nowhere. I want her unhurt, but only God can do that. I'll continue to pray for her healing and the ability to let it go or the wisdom to take it head on.

Now what? For my kids. My kids don't understand what's going on. They miss their friends. I just keep avoiding their questions. They are young. They will adjust. I have to pray for wisdom to speak to my 6-year-old. He'll understand what I am saying, but might not be able to process the whole thing.

Now what? For me. What is God's will? Where am I supposed to be? I'm told I am welcome wherever I want to go. I no longer want to go where I want to go. I want to go where I am supposed to go...where the gifts the Holy Spirit has given me can and will be used. Much prayer needed along that line. With so many people I know right now, this process seems like trial and error. Undesirable methodology...but I don't know (for 100% certain) that there's a better method. There is always faith involved. There are always people other than yourself involved - whose motives you may misread. However, not serving is not an option.

Lesson: Ask God, "What now?" When He answers, and He will answer, do what He says. Ask Him what He wants you to do. Got an idea? Test it against scripture. Does it fit your gifts and function in the Body? Be sure it came from the Holy Spirit to the best of your ability. Be brutally honest with yourself. God will bring out the truth eventually anyway. Understand, especially if you have a family to lead, that you make no decision in a vacuum. You will affect a LOT of people.
If you ask, "Now what?" before you jump, you can avoid asking, "Now what?" as you clean up the mess as I am now doing.

The good news...God wants to help me clean up the mess. He will absolutely bring beauty from this. My family will grow stronger.

I know I used these verses recently, but they are appropriate.
Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Heb 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

UPDATE: It occurred to me while doing dishes that I didn't mention the fact that there are extremely difficult situations that God allows us to go through. In good times and bad, "Now what?" Think of Job. Horrible times, but he would not turn his back on God. Remember Jonah. He was cruising. God told him to do something...he didn't. From the belly of the great fish, "Now what?" He got back on track.
Anyway, I guess my point is, even when we are in God's will, He may want to refine us further. Trials can be good too.

Posted in |

2 comments:

  1. Kelli Says:

    Love You :0)

  2. Anonymous Says:

    It was a great experience to look inside your heart as I read the above. You are a good man Mr.Lucksinger. Continue to seek the Lords will in all your "Now what's".