2x4 to the head

Bobby's message this morning was titled Are you listening to God? (1 Sam. 3) Samuel was 8 or 9 years old and was listening for God, as instructed by Eli. Eli, by the way, wasn't. God spoke to Samuel.
Just now I read, "There's a price to be paid. Are you willing to pay it? Cancel every responsibility in your life other than what you believe to be God's will for you. Deliberately refuse any engagement which will keep you from meditation on His Word. We are living in an age which has lost the art of being silent with an open Bible and waiting for God to speak." - Alan Redpath's Victorious Christian Living.

I like that God hits me in the forehead with a 2x4 as needed. I don't necessarily like that it's needed.





Thanks for visiting.
Let me know what you think.

Posted in |
blog comments powered by Disqus